5.07.2006

Finished

So at around 10.15am on Saturday morning, I officially finished my first year of college. Holler. It flew by so incredibly fast but God definitely taught me more than a year's worth of lessons. I think that my finals went well and I'm looking forward to next fall with renewed excitement/optimism. I for sure am going to miss everyone, though. Hopefully we can all keep in touch over the summer. I'll be busy with 3 ICC classes and working at BBB. Yuck.

Nick, Andy, and I went to Riverside this morning. It was really good. Pastor King talked about heaven and how every single kind of person is going to be there. I thought immediately that it would turn into a sermon about tolerance and all that jazz but it didn't...thank goodness. It more focused on racial and ethnic discrimination but the overall message was still really good (if you carry it into other areas/types of discrimination). The message in a nutshell was to love everyone because 1: God created them and loves them and 2:there is a chance that they're going to be in heaven with you someday. Amazingly enough, God had been convicting me of that very subject (more along the lines of [pre-]judging people). I had actually told Nick the night before that it was something I wanted to work on and knew that I was bad at (stereotyping people and the like). I love how God can convict me of something and then just shove the truth in my face like that. Gets the point across with no fluff.

So I went down to Petersburg on Saturday afternoon with Nick to meet his family. It was a lot of fun. We first met up with Bryan and Becca at the shop and then headed over to his house so that he could change for their prom coronation thing. So we headed out to that, picked up Bryan on the way, watched a half an hour's worth of awkward high schoolers in formalwear be announced and have their pictures taken, and then watched last year's prom king (aka Mister "I totally just THROCKed MORTON") crown the new one. After that, we sprinted out of Porta and had a family dinner at Nick's house where I got to finally meet everyone (and then some). It was good. Really, really good. No awkward moments or nervous jitters. Thank goodness.

Well, it's about that time for sleep. I'm on summer break. Wow. This is so awesome...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home