7.22.2006

Bradley Basketball

As I was I walking to my room from the kitchen, I noticed the paper sitting on my mom's chair. Now I'm not one to sit down and just read the paper but today I felt like it. So I picked up the sports page (obviously the most important section) and scanned the front page. Well, thank you PJS, for letting me know that Ray Ray Brown tested positive for marijuana use right after the game against Kansas last year and since the test was administered by the NCAA, he has been suspended for the 2006-2007 season. Basically now, all the athletic department and Les are freaking out and saying that the punishment is too harsh and that he should only be suspended for a half season. And Ray Ray is sitting there saying that his childhood was tough and everyone around him did weed (which I don't doubt the validity of) and he had no choice and he ONLY tried it a few times.

Okay, you want my opinion? I thought so. The NCAA has clearly stated their policies on drug use and if Ray Ray is going to try marijuana when he knows what might happen and the consequences of his choice, then he deserves to be suspended for a season. Yah, he screwed us over even more next year (we were already going to be terrible, by the way) but I'd rather have a suckful basketball team than one that is full of guys who have the athletic department whine and complain for them to get them off the hook for every time they screw up. Don't get me wrong, I want our basketball team to do well just as much as the next guy. I'm probably one of the few students who actually went to the basketball games before we started doing well. But I gotta put that all aside when it comes to this. I have to give it to Ray Ray, though, because throughout the article he had a really positive attitude, saying that he would continue practicing with the team, taking monthly drug tests to stay clean, meeting with his counselor, and proving that he would be ready the next season. But please, Bradley athletic department, let our basketball players take responsibility for their actions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Radlife said...

Amen
I remember when bjoria Salming (Toronto Maple Leafs hockey player) Admitted to rying cocaine and the owner, the late Harold Ballard susended him for a yaer before the NHL had a chance to. Face it athletes need to play by the rules too.
God Bless
Radlife

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home