7.20.2006

The Chica With(out) the Guitar

I always thought I'd be able to learn to play the guitar. Apparently that's farce. I can't play it for the life of me. My hands/fingers are too small, I can't strum at all, and bar chords are impossible for me. And don't say that you'll be able to teach me. Trust me, I've had a lot of people try to teach me (Ben, Deke, Jim, Marty, Nick, Andy, and many more) and I've pretty much sucked every time.

I've always wanted to be that stereotypical girl who carries around the scribbled in songbook (in her overly sized vintage bag) and can just bust out some sweet tunes on her guitar. Not only doing covers of popular classic rock songs to current emo songs but also playing some of her own music. The girl that all the cool skater dudes dig. You know what I'm talking about. The guitar chick. But yah...that's not happening.

Okay, to be totally serious, I really wish that I could play the guitar. I've been getting back into songwriting again and it's been really fun. But I wish that I could put some acoustics to these words/feelings.

As for now, I'll settle with just being me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home