1.14.2007

Go

As I sit here, Ray LaMontagne playing (you should listen to some of his stuff - all soul, baby) and drinking coffee, I realize how incredibly comfortable I am. Upper middle-class, privileged, and living with almost no worries.

I'm trying to think back to a time when I was forced out of my comfort zone. No, not little things like speaking up in class or confronting a friend.

In all honesty, I haven't been pushed out of my happy, little surrounding for a while.

Thanks to some friends of mine (and with the help of facebook picture albums), I got to view a few photos from their China missions trip. It looked fantastic.

I've been to another country on a missions trip. It was absolutely incredible (due to the mixture of the beauty of the country, God's goodness, and the children that we interacted with). God is so good.

I want to go. God isn't calling us to live comfortable lives. In fact, being a follower of Him ensures us hardship, pain, uncertainty, and even more. I believe I've been living in comfort for far too long. But as we give that up, we gain so much more.

Life will have meaning again. We will find hope. We will be the ones to show up - God is already there. His love will be found in places unimaginable. Faith will increase. Peace will spread. People will be saved. The movement will grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home