11.15.2006

This and That

All right. Well, it's been a while since the last update and I have a little time on my hands tonight. I figured I'd post for all three (if that) of my faithful readers.

Life has been pretty hectic lately but I'm learning to like it that way. Working two jobs plus school and other activities doesn't give me much spare time. I try to be social when I can be but honestly, sleep is becoming more important. I absolutely love the people that I work with at Starbucks and I'm sure that I'm going to like the people that I work with at CAT. All of them that I've met so far have been extremely nice. As busy as I have been lately (and as much as I like it), I know that God's been telling me to slow down. This past week, I've been really sick (like the throwing up kind of sick) so I was forced to just lay around. It was a good reminder.

It seems as if I have been filling my schedule with so much as an excuse to get away from certain things/people/situations. Like it's all going to disappear or something. Do you ever do that or is it just me? The feelings that I had earlier this year have been pervading my thoughts recently. I don't want to get to that point again. It's self-destructive. Not only that but my mood and perspective on a lot of things change and affect not only myself but everyone around me. I hate that (not that I wish that I could feel that way and have it not affect others but that I know that I hurt people when I'm like that).

I've been so distant from God lately. Not just lately but for a while. But I can hear Him calling me back. It's time to surrender again. Have you ever noticed how it's easy to get so down on yourself when you feel as if you've fallen short? Well, I feel that way a lot of times. But I don't think God wants us to beat ourselves up about it. I mean, He's so forgiving and so patient and is probably just ecstatic that His child is back. It's like the story of the prodigal son. You don't see the father getting all down on his son for leaving and spending all his money. Instead, he throws the party of the century for him. I mean, he even slaughtered his best fattened calf for him. C'mon, you have know that's serious then. So I think that's how God is when we run back to Him. He's not angry or upset; instead, He wants to throw us a party (thereotically).

Okay, that's enough about that. It's about my bedtime. Ciao, muchachos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home