11.26.2006

Tis the Season

As I was laying in bed tonight (trying to fall asleep and obviously not succeeding, hence the late night post), I was thinking about a myriad of things. School, relationships, God, work, money, Christmas, family, etc. My thoughts were pretty much bouncing around the place. Here are a few of those thoughts.

Throughout my life, God has provided. In any area of my life that has lacked, He has always been faithful. Here are some more recent examples. When I slacked off first semester of my freshman year, God gave me the strength to focus and make up for it second semester. When I hated my job at BBB, God provided me with a job that I love at Starbucks. When money was tight, God provided another job at Cat that payed exceptionally well. When things were rough with my parents, God provded me with peace and love. No matter what the situation was, God was always faithful to me when I was faithful to Him.

Thanksgiving break is almost over. It's about the time where we all go back and have to hit the books hard for the final stretch of the semester. I am, by no means, looking forward to this. With continual prayer, I now know that I am going to stay at Bradley to finish up my bachelor's degree. But with that being said, I still have no motivation to finish out strong. In all honesty, I really wish that I did. I have the desire to do well and be studious but I can't find the motivation within myself. Does this even make sense? Bah, I don't know.

The Christmas season is finally here. All that we're missing is snow. If you stop by my house, you'll see that our tree, decorations, and lights are up. Even our house smells like Christmas. I worked at Starbucks the day after Thanksgiving and it was craziness all around. But at the same time, it was amazing to see all the people out shopping for gifts (don't get me wrong, Christmas is not at all about the gifts) and listening to the Christmas music pumping out of our speakers. I am most looking forward to going home and being able to spend hours in the kitchen baking cookies while blasting the Christmas music. Seriously. Call me a dork but this is most definitely my favorite time of the year. Pretty soon we'll have fires in the fireplace going, snow on the ground, and FOLEPI. That's all this girl needs. The best part about this all is that this entire season is dedicated to celebrating Jesus's birth. How awesome is that?!

Well, I think I should try and get some sleep. I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow and I should try to look at least a little bit rested.

God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home