7.04.2006

Changes

Forgetting the past and striving to what's ahead (Philippians 3.12-14). God has been pounding that in my head lately. It's been so hard for me to grasp it, though. I mean, I understand that we need to focus on the eternal and that the Earth isn't our home...but forgetting the past? If you don't know me then you don't know that I'm a logical thinker. I reason things out and use my experiences (or other people's) to make decisions. But I have been realizing that because I do that, I tend to be a little more cautious and reserved. I don't step out in faith and I don't trust the unseen. I know that there's a definite difference between being smart/using my head and being faithless. It just seems as if I constantly go to the extreme and become faithless so that no matter what, I (or someone else) won't get screwed over.

I don't want to be like that anymore. I don't want to miss opportunities and experiences. I don't want to be scared of the unseen. I don't want to always wonder, "What if...?" I don't want to be "safe" and stick with what I am used to.

I think that, speaking for most young adults, we can become so dependent on what we're used to, what's normal to us. I know, at least for me, I'm a little nervous about this transition period in my life. I'm excited for change but I still want to hold on to what I've always known.

People change. Situations change. Circumstances change. Not everything is going to be constant. The only thing constant in our lives is God. If we continually trust Him, we'll be more than okay.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm excited for change but I still want to hold on to what I've always known."

so true, my dear, so true
exactly what i've been processing this summer

9:51 PM  
Blogger David Duer said...

My brother once told me that the only person who likes change is a baby with a wet diaper and even then they may fuss about it. I too tend to be overly cautious about things.

Kim, Take your time finding your path. It is ok to be yourself as you defining who you are in God's image.

Remember to not become the grandma in Mulan when she grabs the lucky cricket and walks into traffic. She survives but leaves a wake of disaster behind her. Do not put faith to the test. Allow faith to be your guide.

It was wonderful seeing you again last week.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home