10.24.2006

Switches, changes, and the like

It's 12.30am and I'm completely done with everything for tomorrow. I even worked on stuff for Wednesday and got all that done. I think this is going to be a productive week.

So lately I've been rather unhappy here at Bradley. I was never really able to completely pinpoint why I disliked it so much. As this year has progressed, the more I have been set on transferring to Loyola or DePaul. This weekend, it hit me that it wasn't the people, location, etc. that made me dislike it here so much. It was what I am studying. For those of you who don't know, I am an accounting and entrepreneurship double major. I really like all of my business management classes (for entrepreneurship) but I completely despise my accounting classes. Ever since starting these classes, I've hated it. I know that I have the ability to be an accountant and that I might even be good at it but I, by no means, have the passion for it. It's not something that I even remotely enjoy. So this weekend I am going to talk to my parents about dropping my accounting major and adding marketing with a specialization in sales management. It's rather exciting.

After realizing all that, it feels as if a weight has been lifted from my spirit. I think God has been leading me towards this decision but has allowed me to learn and grow along the way. He has given me a passion and wants me to pursue it.

Oh and I also got a new job - which means that I got to quit BBB. Huzzah! And I should be hearing back from Caterpillar later this week about an internship. Please be praying that all these jobs/opportunities work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home