1.20.2007

Addition by Subtraction

One step forward, two steps back.

Story of my life.

I wish I could get it.

But I can't. I just can't.





I found an old ring of mine that says "passion" on it in some Asian language (what a coincidence). I like it a lot. I'm going to start wearing it again.





12-30-06
When I look into her eyes
I don't know where she stands with You
My desire was to make an impact on her life
But she slid backwards even more
Beyond her eyes, I can see her soul
Broken, lost, confused, hiding
Trying to find herself
In work, in alcohol, in isolation, in music
But never in You
I want so badly for her to stop
Stop lying to herself, stop compromising
My heart breaks as I look at her
So completely lost
Looking for herself in the world
Conforming to every situation and person and group
Doubting the entire way
What can I say to her?
I stand there blankly, unable to give her a straight answer
Then I realize, I'm just as lost and confused as she is
Give us hope
Give us perserverance
Give us You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home