8.07.2006

The Future Freaks Me Out

I got to talking to Paul last night about accounting and all that jazz. He kind of made me re-think my decision to not get my masters or sit for the CPA. As much as I don't want to be stuck in school for five years (mostly for the financial aspect of it), he may be right in saying that being a CPA (which would require me to basically get my masters) would be a very useful thing for the future. Even if I'm not going to be an accountant for the rest of my life.

It's kind of hard to know what to do now because I added my second major (business management and administration with a concentration in entrepreneurship) because of my decision NOT to do everything that I'm now thinking I might do. You see, I'm very ahead (as in, I'm considered a junior in credit hours) so that really gave me a lot of hours that I needed to fill if I was still going to go four years. So I just added another major. It seemed like the logical thing to do. Especially since I don't want to be an accountant for the rest of my life and I really want to start my own business. But now that I'm thinking about getting my masters, I would need those hours back...which would require me to drop my BMA major. And I also wouldn't get to add a minor in marketing, which I really wanted to do this year.

I guess that's just where I'm at in terms of school right now. Any prayers would be helpful. I just want to do what I feel God is leading me to do. I guess I'm just going to have to keep praying about it and listening to Him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Knoxx said...

God'll sort out your future in good time but i'll be praying for you anyway
knoxx

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home