8.05.2006

Good Day

Welp, I don't think that today could've gotten any better. Here are some reasons why...

1. I got to sleep in. I had nothing to get up for this morning. No cleaning. No work. No obligations. It was amazing. I don't remember the last time that I got to sleep in just for fun. Funny thing is that every time that I get to sleep in, I always wake up super early, energized and ready to take on the day. I'm not complaining but I just think it's hilarious how that works.

2. Along with the sleeping in thing, I didn't have to work. This was the first of six days that I have off. Heck yes. As much as I'm warming up to BBB, I'm still pretty psyched that I don't have to go back there until next Thursday. Especially now that they are utilizing nighttime put-away and I won't be getting out of there until 11.30pm or so if I'm closing.

3. One word...PAYDAY.

4. I did laundry this morning. I love the smell of freshly laundered clothes. Plus, having clean clothes is a bonus.

5. When I was doing laundry, I thought that I would look for these pants that I somehow lost. Nick described them as the boat seat covering pants. I guess they feel like the material that is on his boat's seats or something. That was very tangential so I'll get back to the point. So I figured I'd look behind the washing machine because sometimes I throw my clothes in there and overshoot just a bit so my clothes end up going behind the washing machine without my knowing (it's happened a couple of times before). So I look behind the washing maching and to my surprise, I don't find my pants but instead my favorite track jacket (and possibly my favorite item of clothing that I've ever owned) that I had lost over a year ago. Huzzah! So I wore it all day (even though it was 90 degrees outside).

6. Convention. I got to see quizzing and a lot of people that I love (whom I don't get to see that often...maybe once or twice a year). Seriously, a lot of these people have made such a large impact on my life (through Miracle Camp). Maybe more of an impact than some people that I'm around all the time or that I've known all my life. Spending just two weeks with them over the summer while camp aiding has built some of the most incredibly strong, solid, trusting, encouraging, Godly friendships that I've ever had. I also got to hang out with some of my really good friends from home whom I haven't seen in a while. I really love being with them and just laughing and having a good time.

Basically, today was an all around amazing day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home