6.25.2006

Another Week

This past week has been absolute craziness. But amidst it all, God has been able to teach me a couple things (as always).

I'm not always going to understand why He does certain things. We are not made to understand His ways completely. If we did, there would be no basis for faith at all. And if there's no faith, there goes the basis of Christianity. In every situation, God reveals His glory first and then does what He wants with us second. But He's never going to screw us over if we continually seek Him.

I build walls. I hate getting hurt so I build walls around my heart to "protect" myself from feeling any sort of pain, disappointment, regret, etc. As a result, I find myself being very closed-minded and selfish. I don't want to keep building these walls. In fact, I want to tear them down. But I know that I can only do that with the strength that God provides. I want to be free.

1. Pray
2. Listen
3. Act
And I stress #3. If you know that God is telling you something, ACT on it. Don't just think that praying and hearing from God is where the story ends. He calls us to act and react to what He's telling us, no matter how crazy or serious or dumb or impossible it might sound to us.

Surrounding yourself with a solid group of friends is important. Very important. Friends that you can talk to about anything. Friends that will pray with and for you. Friends that listen. Friends that push and challenge you. Friends that love you unconditionally. Friends that correct you when you're wrong. Friends that aren't afraid to tell you the truth. Friends that laugh with you and at you. Friends that understand you better than you do at times.

Go buy Damien Rice's album "O" if you don't have it already. It's fabulous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home