6.13.2006

Feelings Shmeelings

Your grace is sufficient for me
Your strength is made perfect when I am weak
All that I cling to, I lay at Your feet
Your grace is sufficient for me

These past couple of weeks, I've felt really stagnant in my walk with Christ. It's been really hard for me to focus during my quiet times. I felt weak and prone to Satan's attacks the entire time and thought that I couldn't do anything/I was doing everything I could about it. I plain just didn't feel like God had been teaching me anything. Bingo. I hadn't felt like God had been teaching me anything. Sometimes I think I base things too much off of my feelings (two things wrong with that: the fact that I'm basing my growth off of myself AND the fact that I'm basing it off of feelings in general) instead of what I know to be good and true all the time. In reality, God had been teaching me that I need to be trusting Him and not relying all on myself or others. I was trying so hard to be the best at everything, pleasing others, doing everything right, etc., etc. that I had forgotten about pleasing the One who I should only be trying to please. As I tried doing everything on my own, I realized the tighter and tighter I clung to/relied on earthly things, relationships, etc. Any fault, mess up, or screw up would be a sign of my weakness and I struggle with showing others that side of me.

.:SURRENDER:.
1a: to yield to the power, control, or possession of another upon compulsion or demand
b: to give up completely or agree to forgo especially in favor of another
2a: to give (oneself) up into the power of another especially as a prisoner
b: to give (oneself) over to something (as an influence); to give oneself up into the power of another

2 CORINTHIANS 12.9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home