8.15.2006

Focus

Another day, another dollar...

I guess I'll start with the blog I promised about church. Riverside had a guest speaker, Ray Berryhill, talk about not losing our confidence in Christ because He will reward us if we are faithful to Him. It was such a good reminder. He talked about how Christ challenges/tests us and Satan tries to intercept us but we must keep our focus on Christ and have faith that He will get us through any situation. Also, faith is gained by experience. If we never experience any hardship in our lives, we will never know what true faith is. We also must know who our Father is and who we are in Him. It's so important to figure out our identity in Christ and what good works He has prepared for us to do (being the blessing instead of needing the blessing). This was all stuff that I'm really glad I heard again, especially right before school starts. I know that next year is going to be challenging but as long as I know where my strength comes from (and how it is made perfect in my weakness), He will bring me through any situation or circumstance.

Well, I would write more but I'm tired from working all day and I need to be back at work in less than 12 hours. So it's bedtime for me.

Just an update, my friend Bryan isn't leaving until Thursday. Keep him in your prayers as he prepares for Iraq. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home