8.22.2006

Back @ BU

Time for a real update, I suppose. Everything is moved in a settled now here at Bradley. I'm really digging our room (even though the guys completely switched everything last night) and it's been so great seeing everyone thus far. Not to say that I don't have my fair share of missing the summer and all my friends from home. Because I do. But I know that I can't really change where I'm at and I'm cool with that.

These first few days have been good. For some reason, they just seemed a lot more fun last year. I'm not sure why. I think it was the exhileration of being a freshman and being alone for the first time and all that jazz. This year, it's just like, "Oh, we're back. Let's hang out, I guess." Classes start tomorrow and I'm a little nervous about it. I'm kind of taking a ridiculous load. So be praying for that.

During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. -Hebrews 5:7

So I read that and thought about my prayer life. Let's just say, it's not even one bit close to that. I don't nearly have the same kind of passion nor persistence that Jesus had. And then I got to thinking about why we should "offer up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears." And then the more I thought about it, the more I changed my question to 'why not?'. Think about it. Makes sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home